A 4 hour training programme designed to give candidates a basic knowledge of emergency resuscitation skills and instruction on how to use a portable Automated External Defibrillator (AED) safely and effectively.
The WorkSafe Basic Life Support (BLS) with AED programme meets the Learning Outcomes of the UK Resuscitation Council for CPR and AED use. It is an excellent syllabus to teach members of the public and community who would benefit from knowing basic life saving skills and how to safely use an AED.
WorkSafe Basic Life Support is a short and concise training programme that focuses on initial, time critical care for life threatening situations including dealing with someone who has stopped breathing, is choking or has become unconscious. Dealing with severe bleeding can be added to the syllabus dependant on requirements. Information will also be presented on the Chain of Survival concept to identify how prompt, effective actions will greatly increase the chance of survival.
WorkSafe Basic Life Support training meets with the minimum training recommendations an ‘Appointed Person’ in the workplace as detailed in the HSE Approved Code of Practice L74.
The WorkSafe Basic Life Support programme content includes:
- Importance of self-protection and use of barriers
- Chain of Survival
- Primary Survey
- Unconscious Casualties and Recovery Position
- Adult CPR
- Information on AED’s
- Using the AED
- Dealing with Choking
- Basic Bleeding Control (optional)
By choosing a WorkSafe training programme you or your students will receive:
- A comprehensive student resource pack for each delegate containing a market leading first aid reference manual for use during the class and as post course reference
- Professional training delivered by quality assured instructors and a maximum class size of 12 per instructor
- Active learning strategies with opportunity for practice in small, relaxed groups monitored by the instructor
- Fully interactive presentation materials that use a graphical approach to learning
- The opportunity to complete a course evaluation and register online with the WorkSafe website to access special offers and first aid related updates
Successful candidates will be awarded the WorkSafe Automated External Defibrillation & Basic Life Support qualification which is valid for 12 months and certificated by WorkSafe Training Systems.
Please Note: The UK Resuscitation Council recommend that candidates undertaking this joint qualification receive a minimum of 6 monthly AED refresher sessions.
Course Duration: 4 hours