The Worksafe Paediatric and Early Years course is designed for people who are working, or intend to work in the childcare sector. The programme has been designed to meet with the requirements of OFSTED for Early Years First Aid Provision. Additionally the programme meets with the recommendations of the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 issued by the Health & Safety Executive for the ‘Appointed Person’.
WorkSafe Paediatric and Early Years First Aid includes resuscitation skills for Adults, Infants and Children. Candidates will receive training in a range of first aid skills including:
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs.
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient.
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding.
- Recognition of common childhood complaints and illnesses and appropriate care.
- Developing an effective emergency plan for when emergencies occur.
- The keeping of simple records following an accident in the workplace/care setting.
This is a 12 hour programme of learning, which can be delivered over a minimum of 2 days or through Blended learning.
Our new blended learning option offers 6 hours online pre-course learning followed by 6 hours of face to face learning. Our online learning platform offers a flexible approach to completing the 12 hour course, reducing the time staff need to be out of the workplace.
Our course meets the requirements of OFSTED under DfES guidance (April2017) complying with the framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage. Re-training is required within 3 years of issue date.
Successful candidates will be awarded a plastic qualification card on completion and receive a full colour A4 certificate awarded by WorkSafe Training Systems.