The WorkSafe First Aid Instructor Training Course is designed to get you teaching first aid in your workplace or via your own business quickly and effectively. Providing you with full resources, lesson plans and instructor support we ensure your training meets all of the quality assurance guidelines set by the HSE.
This course is designed for first aiders who already hold a 3 day First Aid at Work certificate and a professional trainers qualification. The course will enable you to facilitate delivery of quality controlled first aid training to your students.
If you do not currently hold a 3 day First Aid at Work or a Level 3 or above teaching qualification we can also provide these courses.
Our comprehensive instructor kit contains instructional materials for each of our training programmes including:
Detailed, easy to follow lesson plans with clear learning objectives and timescales for every session.
Interactive, multimedia presentations on USB memory stick
Practical and theoretical assessment materials.
Course administration materials.
On successful completion of the instructor programme you will qualify to deliver:
- Basic Life Support
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Emergency First Aid for Schools
- First Aid at Work
- Automated External Defibrillator
WorkSafe operate an ongoing quality assurance system to ensure first aid trainers and organisations can meet the ‘Due Diligence’ checks required by the HSE. This system requires instructors to undertake an annual renewal process and comply with our quality control systems including verification visits and audits. There is no cost for annual renewal providing a minimum number of 25 students are registered annually.
How do I get started?
- To start the approval process please navigate to the Instructor Training page or use this link
- Forthcoming course dates and venues are shown below. Please contact us to book.
- If you do not hold a 3 day First Aid at Work Certificate or hold a minimum of a Level 3 training qualification we also offer both of these qualifications.
- During the programme candidates will be expected to undertake an assessment of their knowledge and skills which will be assessed against current guidance and best practice for first aid skills in the United Kingdom.