Worksafe CPD Dementia Awareness
Worksafe are planning a programme of CPD sessions for 2018 to offer opportunities for our instructors to discover more about subject areas they may encounter whilst teaching first aid.
Dementia Awareness CPD Session
Our first session concerns one of the fastest rising diseases in the UK – Dementia. There are 850,000 people with dementia in the UK, with numbers set to rise to over 1 million by 2025*. With numbers rising it is likely that most of us will know someone affected by dementia or may be working with people caring for someone with dementia.
Date: Monday 29th January 2018 FULLY BOOKED
New date: Monday 5th February 2018
Times: 09.30 – 12.30
Venue: Worksafe Training Nuneaton CV11 6SD
Cost: Free to current Worksafe Instructors (others: £25+vat)
- What is Dementia?
- Different types of dementia
- Recognising the signs and symptoms of dementia
- Supporting individuals with dementia
- Promoting effective communication
- Person centred approaches
- Understanding the roles of health care professionals
Please book your place via email: email@example.com
Please note these sessions are designed to raise awareness and will not enable you to teach the subject.
* Figures from Alzheimer’s Society