First Aid course information for students
Welcome to the WorkSafe First Aid resource section. The topics in this section will provide background information for your First Aid training. Your instructor will direct you to First Aid topics as you move through your course syllabus.
The First Aid guidance contained in this section is taken from the 2021 UK and European Resuscitation Guidelines.
Worksafe courses provide opportunities for learners to practice their skills in a relaxed and supported environment. Each course follows a syllabus set by the Health and Safety Executive with a core set of life- saving skills.
At the end of each course you will be able to:
- Understand the role of the workplace First Aider.
- Identify basic precautions and hygiene when dealing with first aid incidents.
- Perform a primary survey.
- Perform Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
- Deal with someone who is wounded or in shock.
- Deal with someone who is choking or unconscious.
- Direct observation during practical skill sessions.
- Written self-assessment questions.
Learners have the right to appeal against assessment decisions if:
- The Learner believes that the evidence produced does not warrant the assessment decision given.
- The Learner believes that the practical skill they have demonstrated does not warrant the assessment decision given.
- The Learner believes that the Assessor has missed or misjudged some evidence, which the Learner believes supports the claim of competence in a particular area.
- The Learner feels that the assessment process has been discriminatory.
In the event of there being an appeal as outlined in the examples above, we ask that the learner brings this to the attention of their instructor.
Should this fail to provide an agreement informally, please contact the WorkSafe office where our full appeals procedure will apply.
Telephone: 02476 102297